How to Buy LED Lighting
LEDs, which are energy-efficient alternatives to conventional incandescent bulbs, provide the illumination you need without using as much power. Here’s what you should know before you buy:
The Benefits of LED Lights
LEDs have three major advantages over incandescent bulbs. The following are some of the benefits of LEDs:
LEDs are 10 times more efficient than incandescent bulbs. This indicates that they consume less energy (about 75 percent less), and you will therefore save money.
LEDs last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs, as opposed to just 5.5 times as long as traditional light sources such as halogen or compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs).
LED is a versatile and flexible lighting technology that can be used in a wide range of applications. Unprecedented forms, multiple color choices, and color temperatures that cover the whole spectrum make it ideal for every lighting application.
Lumens vs. Watts
The term “lumen” refers to the brightness of a light or bulb. The measurement of electricity used to power a lamp or bulb, known as “watts,” is the inverse. Traditionally, most people (erroneously) assessed the brightness of a light based on its wattage. Because LEDs are so much more efficient, however, the wattage/brightness correlation isn’t accurate.
Where to Use LED Lights
LEDs are so versatile that you can use them in almost any location. LED, nevertheless, shines above the rest in a few areas:
- LED Desk Lamps: LED offers a bright, clear light. Look for designs that include variable color temperature to help you relax while reading.
- Outdoor LED Lighting: Because the lifespan of LEDs is so long, fewer bulb replacements are required in hard-to-reach locations.
- LED Chandeliers: Unwanted chandelier bulb changes are less frequent and farther between than with short-lived LEDs, which means you’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor space for longer.
- LED Table Lamps: The easy method to upgrade! Replace your current bulbs with LED bulbs to save money.
- Best LED Lighting Strips: These DIY install easily and fit into a wall outlet, making them ideal for under cabinet lighting.
LED is quickly revolutionizing home illumination, offering a more cost-effective, greenery, and safer alternative to traditional bulbs.
Slablite can help take your home or commercial property to the next level with custom LED backlighting options that will make your next party stand out above the rest. Slablite is the only backlight that can be custom cut on the jobsite! Contact us and learn more about the services we offer and how we can transform your property today!